Wednesday, January 29, 2014

*PROMO* + Review : "Are You Listening" by Michelle Grey

Are You Listening Cover 

 Cancer snuck up on me when I least expected it. But I imagine everyone probably feels that way. When I got my diagnosis, I was relatively young and otherwise healthy. I was a busy mom, wife, employee and aspiring author. Priorities shifted, and so did my perspective. Throughout my experience, I sought to become educated and I learned many things – some tangible, some intangible, but all of which I’ll share with you in this quick story. My hope is to further educate and encourage every woman, even if cancer never touches you or anyone you love. 

 ALL proceeds will go to the Vicki Welsh Fund to help in the FIGHT against Ovarian Cancer: 
 http://www.thevickiwelshfund.org/ 


_________________________________________

My Thoughts

I have always been one to listen to my body, as I have had numerous medical issues come up along the years. But this, this made me want to listen more closely. Everyone out there should take a look at this book. It is excerpts from Michelle's personal journal, from when she found out about the mass, to after her surgery to remove. Whether you are a woman, or a man who loves a woman, be it your mother, wife, sister, daughter, you should read this and take note. NO symptom is too small to wonder about, and NO small complaint should be brushed over. Especially when it comes to cancer.

This is raw, real, and something that was unexpected in Michelle's life, as cancer usually is. Hearing it all from her words, and her journal, puts a lot in perspective. She has a very down to earth thought process on it all, and it was refreshing to read.
(However, I really do want to give you a hug for having gone through all of that, Michelle!) 

Keep in mind, ALL proceeds will go to the Vicki Welsh Fund to help in the FIGHT against Ovarian Cancer: 
 http://www.thevickiwelshfund.org/ 
_________________________________________

Ripple Effect

0




0 comments:

Post a Comment