Friday, October 18, 2013

*REVIEW* "Surrender To Me" (I Surrender #2) by Monica James

Ava Thompson left the love of her life, Jasper White, to unearth her destiny. Even though the decision was the toughest of her life, it was the only way for Ava to grow into the woman she’s always wanted to become.

Sadly, that destiny has led her back to the place that broke her.

Singapore.

And more importantly, it has led her back to the man who broke her.

Harper.

But Ava is no longer the scared, lost girl she once was. Ava is stronger, and she will not allow her past, taint her future. 

Six months later, Ava travels back to Los Angeles for an event that embraces the true meaning of love. Sadly for Ava, her meaning of true love has been lost.

And that’s because of one life changing event that has altered her life forever.

Los Angeles is not how Ava left it. Things have changed. People have changed. She has changed. But what has remained untouched is her passionate love for Jasper White.

But does Jasper feel the same?




(not yet released, received an ARC for honest review
will updated with buy links once available)
_________________________________________


MY THOUGHTS

Heads up guys, this is going to be quite possibly the most vague review you've ever gotten from me. Why? Because one (yes, ONE.. as in there are tonnnns) of the biggest twists of the book happens on page TWO, and I am soooo not going to be the person to give it away! There is barely anything I can say that doesn't give something away actually, so you'll need to trust me on this. You do NOT want to miss this book! If you haven't read "I Surrender" (book #1), I suggest you run, not walk, to your closest computer, book store, e-reader, what have you, and GET ON IT!

So how can I get around this.. hmm.. obviously I LOVED this book, hence its 6 star rating! But beware people, everything you think should happen, or will happen, is about to get tossed to the curb. Every time I thought I had something figured out, I was totally thrown for a loop. 

"Once you reach a crossroad in your life, the path you choose send you on a spiral of the unknown. And I was happy to uncover that unknown..."

Do we get Ava? God yes, and she is even more real in this book. Do we get Jasper? GOD yes, love him, hate him (ha.. like that could happen), I still surrender (hehe). We also get all of the amazing side characters in their full form. Everyone in "Surrender To Me" plays a crucial role. 

"I made a promise to a girl who doesn't exist."

This is not your happy little love story. This is as real as it gets. There's heartbreak, there's problems and issues that need to be dealt with, emotions that are completely true to life. It will leave you guessing the entire time you are reading, just wondering how everything is actually going to pan out. And I'll say it again, everything you think, just throw it right out the window, because this is not what you were expecting.. it's better.

"Looking out the huge glass windows overlooking the greens, I notice a blackbird soar into the sky. I longingly wish I too could fly away, fly away from the mess I've gotten myself into."

Favorite Quote:
(warning, this will most likely not make ANY sense, until you read the book)

"Hi Ava."

(see.. I told you.. no sense.. WAIT AND READ THE BOOK!!)
_________________________________________

Also, special thanks to Monica for practically reading "Surrender To Me" with me. You have the tolerance of a saint to deal with my facebook freak-outs while I was reading lol!
xoxoxo
_________________________________________

(Catch yourself up before "Surrender To Me" Releases)
I Surrender (I Surrender #1)


Singapore has stolen a piece of Ava Thompson.

It took one life shattering moment, for her to realize, her EX is not the man she believed him to be. Returning home to Los Angeles was never going to be easy for Ava. Her heart has been shattered to smithereens and she’s convinced it’ll never heal. Or, so she thought.

Enter Jasper White.

Unbeknown to Ava, Jasper White will change her life forever.

The attraction is instantaneous which troubles Ava, who has sworn off men indefinitely. But, she is finding resisting Jasper, with his tousled bedroom hair and piercing cerulean eyes, harder than she ever imagined. And that’s because Jasper knows what he wants, and he wants Ava.

But, can Ava surrender to her feelings for the one man who compels her to love again? Because, what happens if love does not triumph all? What happens if love isn’t enough?





_________________________________________



0




0 comments:

Post a Comment