Friday, August 9, 2013

Bring Me Home by Cassia Leo Review

DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE READ RELENTLESS AND PIECES OF YOU!!!!

**This review contains spoilers from Relentless and Pieces of You.**




From Goodreads:

"The breath-taking conclusion to the New York Times and USA Today bestselling series.

"Sometimes letting someone go is the ultimate act of love."

Claire Nixon is a college student with a past full of secrets and heartbreak. She was saved once by her first love, and rock star, Chris Knight. But when she encouraged Chris to leave town to pursue his dreams, both Claire and Chris didn’t realize it would be the biggest mistake of their lives.

After a devastating year apart and thousands of miles of distance between them, Claire met sexy surfer Adam Parker. With his awful jokes and profound patience, he helped Claire pick up the shattered pieces of her broken heart for the second time.

But now Chris has returned and he is willing and determined to make Claire’s dreams come true—the same way she did for him when she let him go.

With Adam’s former girlfriend in the picture, Claire finds herself torn between the new, passionate love she shares with Adam and the love and family she shares with Chris."


My Thoughts:

I can't believe it's over. But my god, what a beautiful way to end this series.

Bring Me Home starts very soon after Pieces Of You left off. Claire has still not made the decision of Chris vs. Adam. She has been seeing her therapist regularly, and trying to get herself into a better frame of mind.

"..she's the most beautifully broken girl I've ever met."

Similar to Pieces Of You, we get to see chapters from Claire, Chris, and Adam. However, we get the added bonus of a few chapters from other characters as well. 

Everyone seems to be struggling in some way shape or form. Claire has a BIG decision to make, Adam has Lindsey to deal with, Chris is still waiting.. Everyones lives and feelings are a bit up in the air. 

"It's not our mistakes that define us. It's the lessons we learn that show true character."

Claire realizes she has had a decision made in her mind for a while, and finally faces the facts of what she needs to do. Someone will get hurt, but it's at this point that the healing for everyone involved will start. Closure. Closure starts with Claire's decision.

"'What are you going to do when I'm gone?'
'Wherever you go, I go.'"

As we have learned, nothing is ever easy for every one of these characters. Relationships are tested, new relationships begin, old relationships come to light. Some feel betrayed, some feel loved, it's a never ending cycle of emotions... and it was perfect.

"Life would be so much easier if we could just paint broad strokes of color over the ugly parts to make them beautiful."

That's it. I'm stopping here.
I simply can't give any more information. I refuse to spoil this book, and once Claire's decision is made, there is no way to talk about any more without giving away her choice.

I'm trying very hard with this review to not give ANYTHING away. So even though this is one of my shorter reviews, it does not take away any feeling that I had for Bring Me Home, along with this entire series. 

Cassia Leo has this amazing ability to make you feel. I mean REALLY feel. Feel like you are going through what the characters are going through. Feel like you just had your heart torn apart and put back together. Feel like you are overwhelmed with those feelings, and feel kind of crazy that you're loving every last second of it. 

Now, I am generally a really fast reader, and there are times, like this, that I hate that I'm a fast reader. I did not want this book to end. It took me a course of 3 days, and putting it down to beta read a book inbetween, to finally park my butt in bed and make myself finish it. I talked about closure that these characters all got in some way in Bring Me Home. But really, I feel like the readers got closure for this series.

It was the perfect ending, to an amazing set of books.


Favorite Quote(s):

"To love is to destroy pain. I love your heart."

"In the depths of winter, I discovered in me an invincible summer. That's you. Thank you for being my invincible summer."


Links:

Shattered Hearts #1

Shattered Hearts #2

Shattered Hearts #3

0




0 comments:

Post a Comment