Friday, August 2, 2013

Salvaged by Chelsea Camaron Review





From Goodreads:



"Brayden and Maggie have been dating for four years. Maggie is ready and expecting an engagement ring. Brayden has a past full of weaknesses and mistakes he can’t seem to shake. As he slowly loses everything, he also loses Maggie. As his world unravels, can he find the strength to shake his inner demons? Does he have it in him to face the ghosts of his past? Can Maggie overcome his deceptions? Will they find a way to love and trust again? 



*This book intended for adult audiences due to the language and sexual content."



My Thoughts:

In Restore My Heart there were quite a few unanswered questions as to what was going on with Brayden and Maggie, and Salvaged delivered those answers, and then some!

Brayden and Maggie have been together as the perfect couple for four long years. Maggie is patiently waiting for Brayden to propose. But lately, Brayden has seemed pre-occupied and hasn't been acting like himself, and everyone has started to notice, especially Maggie. 

"How did we get so lost over the last four years? Where did the ease and happiness disappear to? Where is my Brayden?"

As a few of Brayden's lies come to light, it becomes very obvious that what is going on with him is bigger than he can handle. He needs help, but more so, he needs to trust and face the problems of his past before he can take any steps forward.

"I don't have flipping daddy issues; I have a ghost chasing me. You can't escape ghosts no matter what you try, that I know for sure."

Once everything is out in the open, it is up to Maggie to decide if she can handle all the lies and deceit and if she will move on with, or without, Brayden.

I LOVED Salvaged!! It was the perfect follow up to Restore My Heart. I am definitely feeling a deeper connection with all the characters now. Salvaged also continues Dina and Ryder's story (yay!)! We also meet a few new characters as well. Everything in this book was handled with such REAL emotion. I can't explain more than that, without giving away some spoilers, but I absolutely loved the course that this book took. It showed that things are definitely not always as perfect as they seem, everyone has skeletons, and every persons reaction to situations will be different. Oh, and did I mention this book was hot hot HOT!?

Yet again, Miss Camaron has left off at a cliff-hanger, however, the solution to Salvaged's cliffhanger will not be resolved until August 31st when Beyond Repair is released! At least I can get my fix with Full Throttle (book 2.5) until then!


Favorite Quote:

"That is what you need Bray. I know things are all mixed up between us right now, but I do love you."



0




0 comments:

Post a Comment