Tuesday, December 17, 2013

*RELEASE BLAST* + REVIEW - "Pieces For You" by Genna Rulon



Title: Pieces for You (For You #2)
Author: Genna Rulon
Genre: New Adult 18+
Publication Date: December 17, 2013
Cover Designed By: G. Relyea Designs
Event organized by: Literati Author Services, Inc.



"The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise.” -Miguel de Cervantes

Samantha Whitney survived unimaginable tragedy only to discover she had been betrayed by a man who claimed to love her. Shattered, Sam spends months at a safe haven trying to piece herself back together. Ready or not, the time has come for her to return home.

As Sam struggles to resume a life that no longer feels familiar, she finds unwavering support in an unexpected, familiar face. Confronting Sam’s raw emotions and open wounds head-on, Griffin manages to take two steps forward for every step she retreats. 

But when Sam is once again threatened, Griffin must decide how far he is willing to go to protect the woman he wants…knowing the cost of her safety is the risk of losing her.

Pieces For You is a captivating journey of survival, healing, and sacrifice—teeming with honesty, humor, unexpected twists, and love’s unsurpassed endurance.begin to plague Sam, it is Griffin she is forced to turn to.


Though Pieces For You is a part of the For You Series, the book can be read as a stand alone




http://literatiauthorservices.com/2013/11/23/release-day-book-blast-promotion-pieces-genna-rulon/



__________________________________________________



(This review contains some slight spoilers from book one, Only For You.)

If you have read "Only For You", you know what happens to Samantha, and how the book ends. You also had the chance to meet Griffin. The amazing, understanding, practically perfect, Griffin. Is this Sam's story? Absolutely. But it is also a beautiful novel of overcoming terrible things, learning to cope, moving on, and being one absolutely incredible woman.
"He may have beat me, scarred me, shattered me in a million pieces, but I'm not under his control anymore… now I get to decide."
Griffin's feelings for Sam have been obvious all along, to everyone but her. But knowing she is in a fragile state once she is home, he knows he has to keep his distance for a bit. But once Ev gives Griffin the green light, he makes sure he is there for Sam. He is soft, caring, and understanding, and he is just what Sam needs.
"I couldn't explain why it was him that sparked the deep level of trust and reassurance I was unable to find in anyone else, allowing me to completely fall apart; permitting myself to show and release my anger. I didn't search for an explanation, I just basked in the relief he provided."
In "Pieces For You", we are also given chapters from Griffin's POV. Let me tell you, it is AWESOME. It explains so much, and gives you an even deeper appreciation for how beautiful Griffin is, inside and out. While we get these snippets of insight into Griffins thoughts, we watch Sam full time, and really get into her head. I cannot personally relate, in the least, to what Sam has gone through, but Genna's writing has a way of putting you directly into her head. I felt sick with her, cried with her, smiled with her, and laughed with her. We get to see Sam start to let her guard down, and unfold back into parts of "Old Sam". She gets her humor back, and her sarcasm back, which makes for hilarious banter between her and Griffin. (see the excerpt below my review, it's one of my favorites of the book) 
"He was a man anyone would be proud to call a friend; a man any woman would be honored to call hers."
OH, and no worries guys, we do get some more Ev and Hunter ;)

I don't think I can truly express how much I am loving this series. From "Only For You", I was hooked. I mean hook, line, sinker, I'm DONE. Write a million more, please. I can't get enough. So far, "Pieces For You", is my favorite of the series. It gives you such a deeper appreciation of all of the characters we have met so far. And Sam.. god.. she is one amazing girl.
"Pieces For You" hints into "Temper For You" (Meg's story), and I can't get my hands on it fast enough. (expected early 2014) I could read Genna's writing, and these characters for a long, long time.

Favorite Quote:
"No one's unblemished, we all have our scars."
__________________________________________________


He smelled so damn good, clean with a hint of masculine sweat, a temptation I couldn’t resist.  Beyond my control, my tongue darted out of my mouth and covertly tasted the section of chest exposed above his tank.  Oh God, he tasted even better than he smelled, like a chocolate-covered pretzel—sweet, salty, and addictive.

“Did you just…lick me?” he asked, sounding both shocked and amused.
“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
“You licked me.  I felt it,” he accused, but I noticed he wasn’t complaining.
“Your imagination is running wild because of all the workout endorphins.”
“It wasn’t a complaint.  In fact, you’re welcome to have another taste.”
“Fine…I licked you.  But it was an involuntary reflex—hot guy, exposed chest…you know how it is.”
“Mmm,” he replied, his eyes darkening with lust.  “I am familiar with the temptation, but it’s not a hot guy who’s testing my self-control…it’s a petite, auburn-haired vixen.”

__________________________________________________






__________________________________________________




Genna Rulon is an up and coming contemporary romance author.

During her 15 years in the corporate world, Genna, inspired by her love of reading, fantasized about penning her own stories. Encouraged by her favorite authors, many of whom are indie writers and self-published, she committed to pursuing her aspirations of writing her own novels. Genna was raised in Long Island, New York, where she still resides, surrounded by the most amazing family and friends. Married to a wonderful man, who patiently tolerates her ramblings about whichever book she is currently working on, even feigning interest relatively convincingly! Genna is blessed with two little boys who do their best to thwart mommy’s writing time with their hilarious antics and charming extrapolations.





0




0 comments:

Post a Comment