Sunday, December 8, 2013

*REVIEW* "Tears Of Tess" by Pepper Winters

A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.

“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”


Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility. 

For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.

But lusty paradise is shattered.

Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror. 

Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.

Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?



____________________________________________

____________________________________________


"Tears of Tess" was definitely unlike any book I've read in a LONG long time. Honestly, the synopsis doesn't do it justice, it is SO much more in-depth than what I thought I was getting into. Tess, is one BAD ASS girl, and she now rivals almost everyone for my favorite book-chick. Even while being kidnapped, she doesn't go without a fight. During her stay with her kidnappers, again, she fought. And once she was sold, she continued her fight. It. Was. Awesome.

"I'm not a sweet, innocent girl who wants cotton candy and sonnets. I'm a fighter, a slut, a woman who needed to be taught her own body."

Although Tess and Brax have been together for two years, she has always held back. Brax was safe, and she would do anything to keep it that way, and keep her world in a bubble, even if that meant compromising what she deeply truly feels inside. However, that does not mean that Brax isn't amazing. Brax is a wonderful guy, but Tess.. needs more.

"I let Brax shove me back into the box where I belonged. The box labeled: perfect, innocent girlfriend who'd do anything for him, as long as it was in the dark and on my back.I wanted a new label. One that said: girlfriend who will do anything to be tied, spanked, and fucked all over rather than adored."

Tess is a complicated girl (still, totally bad ass), so when she is finally "sold" off, and meets her new Master, Q, her entirely world gets totally turned upside down. She hovers the thin line between wanting to run as fast and as far as possible, or wanting to give in to the abrasive man that she now belongs to. 

"Two things I wanted most in the world: for Q to die a miserable death, and for him to fuck me."

This book.. was a mind fuck. It was. Part of me was just as confused as she was, another part totally understood, and another part wanted to high five her. Then when yet another crazy twist happens, I had the "wait.. what just happened" face, and starting rooting in another direction. It was crazy. 

Put it this way, I finished this book 2 days ago, I'm just writing my review now. It took me a couple of days to have this fully sink in. And the ending of the book? I was THRILLED with it.

I'd definitely recommend this one guys, and I'm seriously looking forward to "Quintessentially Q".

Favorite Quote:

"He didn't make my soul sing. He made it weep, and scream, and tear itself into pieces."



0




0 comments:

Post a Comment