Saturday, July 27, 2013

Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones Review




From GoodReads:

"Infinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….

His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.

At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run. 

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take “no” as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?"


My Thoughts:

WOW.. Lisa Renee Jones has done it again. This book had me on the edge of my seat for the ENTIRE story, leading up to the MOTHER of all cliffhangers at the end. I need book two.. I'll be dreaming about book 2 until it comes out in October.

After her life dramatically changed at the age of 18, Amy has been on the run for 6 years now. She is constantly afraid to fully settle anywhere for fear her handler will be in touch, sending her to her next location, which means her newest identity has been compromised. Her secrets could be catching up with her again. She doesn't know anything about her handler other than a tattoo she remembers from the one time he saved her life.. she doesn't even remember what he looks like, and has no way to get in touch with him until he contacts her.

"My name is all that is written on the plain white envelope taped to the mirror...
...'I've found you and so can they. Go to JFK Airport directly. Do not go home. Do not linger. Locker 111 will have everything you need.'"

Signed with nothing but the tattooed symbol, she knows this note means she is in trouble again, and there is no choice but to follow this direction. So off she goes, once again, to her new life, new name, new identity. 

Finally on her flight out of New York, she is seated next to "Mr. Tall, Dark, and Potentially Dangerous", Liam Stone. Liam immediately takes a huge interest in Amy, he can see she's running, and has made it his mission to figure out why. During the 4 hour flight they share, it's the start of what will be an amazingly hot and frustrating relationship between the two of them.

"Tell me what I did to make you smile so I can do it again."

Amy knows she shouldn't be getting close to anyone. There is fear for every relationship or friendship she has ever encountered. She does not want to put herself at risk, or Liam at risk, but she just can't keep herself away.

"'This was a mistake. I don't know you. I don't do this kind of thing.' Great. Now he thinks I'm a virgin. I can' get this right. 'I mean I do. No. I don't. I don't do this kind of thing.'"

Liam refuses to take no for an answer. He pushes his way into Amy's life, and she questions every move. Her handler had left Amy's orders for work, and a new background to memorize. But, nothing seems to be what it looks like. New friends, new co-workers, all of it seems off. Liam seems to be the only person she can trust, and she's not too sure how to handle that, either.

"Yes, you're right. I'm being barbaric. And intense. That's who I am and I can't be anyone but me. When I want something, I go after it. And baby, I want you, and all I can say is you might be smart to run before I get any more into you, but please don't."

But with nothing how it seems, is it possible she has put her trust into the wrong person? What doesn't she know? And why are the details of her new life not lining up at all?

 Lisa Renee Jones, you have MASTERED the art of cliffhangers, the type of amazing cliffhangers that keep me wondering until the next book. I've mentioned how much I adore twists, turns, and cliffhangers right?? I LOVE me a good cliffhanger! There are so many unanswered questions!! I literally held my breath for parts of chapters, stayed up way too late finishing this book, and couldn't fall asleep easily because I NEED to know whats coming next!! October can't come soon enough.



Favorite Quote:

"Tell me who's scaring you and I promise you, Amy, I will make them go away."




LOOK FOR INFINITE POSSIBILITIES (book 2)
Coming in October

Quick Blurb from GoodReads:

"Liam left her world spinning, pulled her into passion and gave her a sense of belonging and hope she desperately needed. But did he have alternative motives? Did he want more than passion? "


0




0 comments:

Post a Comment