Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover Review


6 Stars! 6 of them! SIX HUGE STARS!!




From GoodReads:

"Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…


That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.



Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever."



My Thoughts:

Hopeless falls into the "I read this before I started the blog" category, so this isn't so much a review as it is me SCREAMING to all of you to go read this book. RIGHT. NOW. (if you haven't already)

It's no secret as to how much I absolutely adore Colleen Hoover's books, writing style, story ideas, everything.. and Hopeless is up there with Slammed for me. Both of which are in my Favorite Books EVER category.

I was sucked in from the prologue, and had NO clue where this book would take me. I absolutely love a major twist, and Hopeless has the mother of all twists. It's amazing, beautiful, heartbreaking, ugh GOD I love this book. 

But, in keeping up with my new "posting a favorite quote from each book", here is the quote that stuck with me from Hopeless. The quote that gives me chills to this day even thinking about it..


Quote that gives me chills:

"The sky is always beautiful. Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy, it's still beautiful to look at. It's my favorite thing because I know if I ever get lost of lonely or scared, I just have to look up and it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful."



Now.. the main reason for this blog post.

LOSING HOPE COMES OUT AT MIDNIGHT!!!!

"In the follow-up to Colleen Hoover’s #1 New York Times bestseller Hopeless, the charming and irresistible Dean Holder tells the passionate story that has melted thousands of hearts."

I could not be more excited, I have already heard nothing but great things about Losing Hope from those who have received ARC's, and I can not imagine it being anything but amazing!

If you haven't pre-ordered it yet, here is the link:

0




0 comments:

Post a Comment