Tuesday, November 12, 2013

*REVIEW* "By Proxy" by Katy Regnery

A HOLIDAY SURPRISE

Stubbornly small-town Jenny Lindstrom has misgivings when she promises to stand proxy in her best friend’s wedding—misgivings that are fulfilled when tall, handsome Sam Kelley walks into the courthouse an hour late. In order to keep her promise, an afternoon favor turns into a weekend of startling but undeniable attraction, threatening the well-ordered world that keeps her heart at arm’s length from any more pain.

Sam’s plan is to fly to Livingston, Montana, take vows for his favorite cousin, and return to Chicago as quickly as possible. But his plan is turned upside-down when he must spend a weekend with Jenny in Gardiner in order to keep his word. He doesn’t want to fall for the prim, proper schoolteacher whose small-town life seems to him like selling out, but the more time he spends with her, the harder it is to say good-bye.

When city and country come together for Christmas, the unexpected gift is true love.





Buy On:
________________________________________

My Thoughts


"By Proxy" is and adorable winter love story that will warm your heart in places you forgot existed.

Jenny and Sam find themselves face to face to preform a "double proxy" wedding for Jenny's friend, and Sam's cousin. Jenny and Sam could NOT be more polar opposite if they tried. Jenny is a small town innocent (I mean innocent to the point of almost saying sheltered), but oh so sweet girl-next-door, and Sam is a big city business guy. So Immediately, they hit heads, and get off on a really bad foot. However, they are soon forced to be in the same town for the weekend together, due to.. "unforeseen circumstances". So quickly, they mend the argument, and both of them start to let their guards down a bit.

" 'Let's start over, okay?' She smiled woodenly and put out her hand. 'I'm Jenny Lindstrom. I'm Ingrid's best friend. Sorry I fell into you.' ...
'Sam. Kristian's cousin. And you can fall for me anytime.' "

Smooth talker Sam isn't used to girls like Jenny getting under his skin. Although he does have a a history in Montana, and falls into the lifestyle quite easily. Jenny however, isn't initially willing to admit what she is really feeling. Especially when they both know, after the weekend is over, they will part ways.

"He's not for you, Pretty girl. He's not for you."

 This was an cute, fun and very sweet read. I enjoyed the banter between Jenny and Sam GREATLY. The fact that Jenny has grown up with three older brothers, made innocent-her, giving it right back at Sam, even better. Watching Sam let his guard down from what he is used to, and falling so quickly for Jenny was beyond sweet. I adored Sam's character in this book, he's funny, caring, and completely down to earth. 

"Small-town or not, she was prettier every time he looked at her."

This is definitely a great book to read around the holidays, and I will definitely be adding it to my "Christmas Book" blog post, coming in December!

Favorite Quote #1:

"Live in the moment. Make this a memory you want to keep."

Favorite Quote #2:

"Puppies' paws always smelled like Fritos."
(Now before you look at me like I have 4,000 heads, they DO smell like Fritos. I've been saying it for years, and everyone (except my mom, she agrees with me) has looked at me like I'm insane. Well guys, it's written in a book! Try to deny me now!)

________________________________________

0




0 comments:

Post a Comment