Saturday, November 2, 2013

*WEEKEND AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT* Kemmie Michaels

Sale on "Unlikely Hero" to celebrate the release of the series finale, "Breaking Through".

_______________________________________________

Kemmie Michaels


I love a good love story. I reread the first kiss a few times before I read on...even in my own books. That moment gets me every time no matter how often I revisit that beautiful connection. I dive into every story to the point where I have so many fictional boyfriends that I can't keep track of them all.

In the world of reality, I have a loving and tolerant husband who smiles and rolls his eyes every time I tell him about my latest fictional love affair. I have two autistic pre-teen boys who keep me on my toes. I have a psychotic Golden Retriever (I was told those don't exist...) and a cat that rules our house. I used to be the queen. Our regal feline has usurped my throne and demoted me to Prime Minister.

I studied English/Journalism at Miami University in Ohio, have a Master's Degree in Secondary Education from the University of Dayton and I spent five years teaching even more personality-rich pre-teens. For some sick reason, I actually enjoyed teaching junior high. Now as a stay-at-home mom, I'm clinging to that status by throwing my hat in the author's ring and hoping I get to keep it there.

________________


________________



Erin never would have expected to fall in love. Never. Not with her past, and not with her fear. She never dated; she didn't even allow herself friendships. She didn't trust her judge-of-character skills enough to allow anyone close...until Marcus.

With him, a deep connection happened in spite of the walls she'd so carefully constructed around herself. His self-confessed rage fueled much of his life, with the exception of her. For Erin, Marcus dares to make the step toward love…one with the potential to heal them both.




________________

TEASER

________________

1




1 comment: