Friday, November 8, 2013

*REVIEW* "Tug Of War" by K. Larsen

Impulsive, YES. Irresponsible, SURE. Necessary, PROBABLY. Going to end badly, most likely. Does any of that matter to me, no. I decided that I can't please everyone so this week my only goal is to please me. I’m a selfish cow but I can’t seem to help it. I’m Clara Lord. I own Bloodline’s Tattoo Parlor, have a filthy mouth, no filter and a really strong objection to bossy idiots, pet names and wealthy men.

You will hate me, love me or love to hate me but either way it doesn’t matter. Everything I touch turns to crap and it’s all my fault. See, I lived through hell. Then I escaped hell and carefully spent the next eight years crafting a perfect little life until Domini Napoli screwed it all up. Now nothings right. Everything’s wrong and all my secrets are coming out.







___________________________________________

MY THOUGHTS


"Tug of War" is an amazing out-of-the-norm story. If you're looking for an innocent girl, and an easy love story, this isn't it. This is real. It's not easy, it's heartbreaking sometimes, and everything falls into place at others. But it keeps you guessing until the very last second. 

Lets look at the characters:

Clara, a doesn't take shit from no one, bad ass, opinionated chick, who has an interesting life, and a devastating secret, who I completely adore because in many ways she mirrors myself. 

"I’m Clara Lord. I own Bloodline’s Tattoo Parlor, have a filthy mouth, no filter and a really strong objection to bossy idiots, pet names and wealthy men."
(and you my dear are officially my new book-soul-mate)

Then there's Sawyer, my new love, my new book boyfriend, my new favorite guy.. period. Sawyer has so much charisma, cares so deeply about Clara, and has woven himself into a very crucial part of her life.

"He kisses my head and I breathe a sigh of relief as the safety of Sawyer's arms washes over me. He knows all but one of my secrets. Hell, he's really the only person out there that even knows me anymore."

And then.. there's Dominic, the new guy, the rich guy, the guy who won't give up. I should note, that keeping in line with this out-of-the-norm story, that Dominic is an out-of-the-norm rich guy, in the sense that he is way more down to earth than he first comes off.. you'll see.

"The man doesn't give up easily and he sure knows how to keep my interested sparked, I'll give him that."

Now, add in Clara's two best friends, and you get the massive amount of humor involved in "Tug of War". 

" 'Cougars? Seriously, since when does thirty-two put you in cougar territory?' I chortle.
'When the boys hitting on you are a decade or more younger than you. Thats when,' she replies."

There's also another very special character, that MAKES this book what it is, but you'll have to read to find out more about her ;)

"Tug of War" kept me on my toes. It had twists I didn't see coming, and the ending is nothing like I have ever read before. Is it a love triangle? Yes, it is at times. Does it end badly?.. Well, don't they all? But does one MAJOR event bring the entirety of this story to its knees. Yes, 1000 times yes. 

You will keep guessing until the last page, and even then it's a half bitter sweet/half beautifuly happily-ever-after. I loved EVERY second of this book. I loved how it wasn't like the typical books I read, but it had every element that I want in a story. I adored the characters (AND I'm doing a super-mega-happy dance that Sawyer is getting his own book!!) Not only is the storyline amazing, but the writing is fantastic! I would highly HIGHLY recommend this book, and I can't wait to read more by K. Larsen.

Favorite Quote:

" 'When you touch me.. it dominates me. I feel an insatiable need to feel you. It's a reckless and demanding feeling. Like I can't control myself. Like I want you to decour me.' My voice is soft but steady. 'I've never felt so out of control.' "

___________________________________________

AUTHOR LINKS

___________________________________________

0




0 comments:

Post a Comment