Saturday, September 28, 2013

*WEEKEND AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT* Jodie Beau

Jodie Beau
____________________


____________________

Jodie Beau is the author of "The Good Life", which is hands down, one of my favorite good time reads!!
(psst.. "The Good Life" is on sale this weekend for $0.99!!)


Her new release "All Good Things" will be the prequel to "The Good Life", and let me tell you, I am DYING for this book. "All Good Things" will be about the infamous Summer of Jake and Roxie!

Both books can be read as stand-alones, but are each a part of "The Good Life" series.
The Good Life (The Good Life #1)
All Good Things (The Good Life #0.5)

Now go and read on for an exclusive excerpt from "All Good Things", an amazing necklace giveaway, links, and all things Jodie Beau!


_________________________________

Synopsis

All Good Things…

Are wild and free.

This is going to be the best summer ever! Bonfires, pool parties, trips to the beach, throwing her arms in the air while riding down the open road in a convertible – she’s going to do it all. 

Roxie has plans. It’s the last summer before college graduation. By this time next year she’ll be living in the “real” world; ie: paying bills, searching for a job that doesn’t require an apron, and maybe even sleeping on a bed that doesn’t turn into a couch. If there’s ever a time to be fun, irresponsible and reckless, it’s now.

But things don’t always go as planned. 

Before the summer has even started, Roxie makes a discovery that breaks her heart and shatters her confidence. Her hopes of having the Best Summer Ever go straight in the trash. Forget the beach. Forget the bonfires. Forget summer altogether. 

If only her childhood friend, Jake, would let her be. His contagious smile keeps popping up and dragging her to every social event in Ann Arbor. Reluctant at first, his happy-go-lucky attitude becomes an addiction. It isn’t long before Roxie starts to wonder if her longtime friend might be the perfect cure for her heartbreak. This summer might be good after all.


But All Good Things…

Must come to an end.


_________________________________

EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT

The waitress brought the check over and Jake grabbed it. “I’ve got this.”
“You better,” I said with a sweet smile. “You’re the one who made me come.”
“I really wish you would not say things like that,” he said. He looked pained. “Now we’re gonna have to sit here for ten more minutes while I imagine something disturbing. Like my mother taking a shit.” He closed his eyes and tilted his head down towards the table to visualize.
I gasped. Is he saying what I think he’s saying? “Dude! You’re so gross.”
He lifted his head, opened his eyes and gave me the most wicked grin. “Just kidding. Partially. I’m partially kidding. Semi-kidding. Halfway kidding.”
OMIGOD! “Are we really sitting here talking about the current condition of your penis?”
“I guess we are. Is that weird?”
I looked up at the ceiling as I thought about it. Honestly, it didn’t feel weird. I was perfectly comfortable with it and he seemed to be comfortable as well. “Is it weird that it doesn’t feel weird?” I asked.
“Hmm, yeah, kind of.”
“Should we go now?” I asked quickly.
“That would be good.”
_________________________________

LINKS

Add The Good Life on Goodreads (The Good Life #1)
Add All Good things on Goodreads (The Good Life #0.5)

ON SALE FOR $0.99 UNTIL MONDAY

_________________________________

GIVEAWAY


Want to win this amazing necklace?!


Contest is running through Monday!
_________________________________

ABOUT JODIE BEAU

I'm a wife, mom, waitress, book nerd, Chapstick addict, and a really bad driver who still believes in happy endings and can't walk in high heels. Writing is what I do when I'm avoiding other things...like cleaning.

I once had big dreams of being a Hollywood screenwriter. 

But then I met a boy and got distracted. 

Three years later we met another boy, this one even cuter. 

The three of us are now living happily ever after in the Detroit area. The Good Life is my first novel. And our house is kind of a mess :)

_________________________________


0




0 comments:

Post a Comment