Tuesday, September 3, 2013

*RE-RELEASE* "Torn" by K. A. Robinson!! Plus Interview & Review


NOW AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK!



_____________________________

Hello! Thank you so much for taking your time to give an interview to I’ll Be Reading!

Thank you so much for having me!

So, tell us a little bit about yourself…
Let’s see… I’m 23, I live in West Virginia with my two-year-old and my husband, I’m a country girl at heart, and I’m a bit music obsessed. Okay, I’m a lot music obsessed.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve been writing stories since elementary school. I never planned to do it professionally, though. I still don’t consider it a “job.” It’s a hobby that has grown into much more, but I still do it just for fun.  I don’t think I’d be able to write if I felt like it was work.

What inspired you to write Torn?
I’m not sure to be honest. It just popped into my head. I showed it to a few of my friends that were in a book club with me and they pushed me to finish it. I took a chance, expecting nothing, and was shocked speechless. I never dreamed that this could happen to someone like me.

Can you relate to your characters?
I definitely can. I’m not much older than they are.

What’s the hardest part for you while writing?
Staying away from the internet. Dear lord, I have a problem that might require medical treatment.

What’s the biggest compliment you could receive as an author?
I consider every compliment the biggest. They all mean so much to me.

Do you have any quirks that help you write? Music, snacks? What kind?
I must have something to drink, usually Diet Pepsi or coffee, and music. Must. Have. It. I can’t do a thing without those.

What was your favorite book as a child?
Harry Potter. They are still one of my favorite series.

What’s your guilty pleasure?
Starbucks for sure. I can’t live without it.

Any advice for aspiring authors?
Write because you want to write. And always write what feels right. Never change yourself to please others, because no matter what you do you can’t please everyone. 
_____________________________

Blurb:

"Chloe hasn't had the best life. With a mother who is gone more often than not, she has had to raise herself. After graduating high school, she leaves to start a new life away at West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan, determined to leave her demons in the past. 

On her first day, she meets a stranger who takes her breath away at first sight. Until she met Drake, no one had ever sparked her interest. Now this tattooed and pierced bad boy is all she can think about, no matter how hard she fights it.

Falling for Drake was never part of her plans, but when it happens, things seem to do anything but fall into place.

Dealing with a tragic past, Drake has never cared about anyone else but himself and his band. But when Chloe takes the empty seat next to him in class, things start to change. Instantly drawn to her, he begins to wonder if one girl can take a cold hearted womanizer and change every part of him?

Long hidden feelings are revealed and friendships tested to the brink."

_____________________________


My Thoughts:

Chloe is excited to start college off with her two best friends, a chance to start a new chapter. She is focused on school, and the absolute last thing on her mind is meeting anyone. That is, until she meets Drake, a pierced and tattooed rocker, and all around player. All of her plans seem to go out the window the second she lays eyes on him.

"..this guy would have worn his hair dyed pink and in pigtails and pulled it off looking hot."

Even with barely acknowledging him when she first sees him, he seems to be all she can think about. After having zero interest in dating or a relationship in so long, she fights it as hard as she can. But when, by chance, she runs into him again, she realizes that she's fighting a completely losing battle in her own head.

"There was no room for Drake or any guy in my plans and I liked it that way, yet he kept shoving in without even realizing it."

Once her and Drake finally talk, they fall into a very easy friendship. But they both don't seem willing to keep it at just a friendship, then again.. they both also aren't willing to try to make it more, initially.

" 'What are we doing Chloe?'
'I don't know, I was hoping you could tell me.' "

When mixed emotions are involved, and a secret comes to light, everything is about to change. Friendships are put to an ultimate test, feelings are masked, and Chloe finds herself in a very awkward spot with everyone she knows.

"No, don't even say anything Chloe. When you talk everything gets so screwed up. I want you, and I know you want me too."

Torn is a roller coaster ride. Chloe and Drake both have pasts that have made them question relationships, and both aren't totally willing to give in to what they really want. The side characters in this book also play a huge part into the story. You will definitely find yourself connecting with everyone involved. It is one of those books that you think you have figured out, but will keep you guessing until the very last page. 

"We're both so screwed up on our own, but together we're a whirlwind. Nothing survives that gets in our path."


Favorite Quote:

"I just wanted to find peace. I walked out there because I wanted to be numb, I didn't want to feel, even just for a little while."

_____________________________

Author Links:






0




0 comments:

Post a Comment