Tuesday, September 10, 2013

*REVIEW* "Crashed" by Danielle A. Elwood

Emily Taylor is a twenty-six year old event planner who has made a career out of dating; with the majority of it ending up as a complete nightmare. She is driven, motivated, and rising to the top in her career…but not in her love life. However, a random car accident will change her life forever.

Avery Martin is a country boy stuck in the city working his dream job of being a fire fighter. Over the years he has given up a lot, including dating, to focus on his career. Responding to a car accident one day he becomes overly involved with the woman he is rescuing.

Will these two find love, or will amnesia cost them the future they might have had?








My Thoughts

Crashed.. was adorable, and sweet, and sexy, and I'm in love with Avery.

This was a fast paced love story between Emily and Avery. Emily has been involved in a car crash, and Avery just happened to be the sexy fire fighter to the rescue. Ps.. on top of my tattooed and Military weaknesses, I also have a firefighter weakness, just ask my husband.. the firefighter.

"If she had known the firemen in Daytona Beach were so sexy, she would have lit her house on fire long ago."

Avery is drawn to Emily immediately, and makes a point of visiting her in the hospital. Emily is suffering a bit of memory loss, and is having a hard time remembering certain aspects of her past. But right now, she is just focusing on her future, and it definitely has Avery in it. The love between these two moves very very quickly, but honestly, in this book it worked VERY well. It was believable, and adorable, and I didn't mind how fast it moved. 

" 'Good, God..." she said, finding it hard to breathe. 'That man could potentially drive me crazy.' "

Crashed starts off as a sweet story, almost.. too normal. One of those books where you just know something crazy is coming. Let me tell you, the crazy came.. and came.. and came.. and WOW. Things I may have saw coming, quickly turned into things I never saw coming, and I really enjoyed that aspect. Quite honestly, I would have even enjoyed it if the crazy didn't come. The chemistry alone between Emily and Avery made for an amazing story. The plot twists just added to it.

"She kissed him softly. 'Are you real? Will you disappear before I wake up?' she whispered.
'I'll be here to kiss you good morning,' he whispered back, running his fingers through her hair."

A friend of mine told me I HAD to read Crashed, and seeing her and I both read the same types of books, I knew I had to. I am SO happy that I did. I would highly recommend Crashed, for anyone looking for a really easy going love story, with a massive MASSIVE twist. 

Favorite Quote

"'You'd better be glad I like that you're weird,' he said, snickering."


0




0 comments:

Post a Comment