Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Being Me by Lisa Renee Jones Review




From GoodReads:

"Fascinated by the dark fantasies in the journals she’s discovered, and the two men who have now found a place in her life, Sara McMillan finds herself torn between her new life and her past. Now, more than ever, Sara identifies with the lost journal writer, Rebecca, and is certain that something sinister has happened.

In the arms of the sexy, tormented artist Chris Merit, Sara seeks answers about Rebecca and ends up discovering things about herself she never knew existed. Chris forces Sara to reconsider who she is and what she truly wants from life, but not before his dark desires threaten to tear them apart. Her boss, Mark Compton, offers her the shelter to understand just what those needs mean to her, and what they might have meant to Rebecca, but can she trust him to lead her to a final conclusion to Rebecca’s story?"


My Thoughts:

Being Me delivered everything I hoped it would! It answered so many open ends from If I Were You, while leaving just enough unanswered to make the wait for Revealing Us completely killer.

Being Me picks up exactly where If I Were You left us hanging. Once that situation is under control, it opens the door to so many other questions. There is now a constant wonder if Sara herself has taken on more than she can handle. Between the growing infatuation with the journals, and the Sara/Rebecca life she has been living, is she in too deep?

We get to watch Sara and Chris' relationship unfold even more, while getting far more insight into why Sara is so weary about being controlled. With so much out in the open, we see a larger side of Sara, and a more protective and overbearing side of Chris. We also get a version of Chris I'm not sure he even knew he was capable of. When a new character is introduced, you will find your heart swelling for Chris. At the same time there is almost a completely different Mark. This Mark, I really and truly enjoyed, and almost trust. While Sara is seemingly stuck in the back and forth between Mark and Chris, it gives her a chance to show how strong she can truly be. 

There were so many times where I was screaming "it HAD to be him/her!" or "Rebecca isn't dead, she's just hiding!" and let me tell you, I never saw what happens coming. I can truly say I love a series that will keep me guessing and wondering.  

Thank you Lisa Renee Jones for, yet again, delivering an extremely enjoyable can't-put-this-down read! I very much look forward to Revealing Us!

0




0 comments:

Post a Comment