Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Leo's Chance by Mia Sheridan Review

If you have NOT read Leo then click that little "X" up there in the corner, and do NOT read this review! Instead.. GO BUY LEO!! Because it's amazing, seriously amazing, 6 stars amazing. THEN read Leo's Chance. After you've done all that.. then feel free to come back and read this review! :) 

My Review of Leo can be found HERE.




From Goodreads:

"The follow-up to Leo, the USA Today bestselling novel by Mia Sheridan.


Does everyone deserve a second chance? Even someone who lies and deceives to get it?

Do we all have a second chance coming? Even if we play a part in our own destruction?

How hard would you fight to have a second chance at love? A second chance at life? Another chance to tell your own story?

Every love story has two sides. Evie told hers. This time it's Leo's chance."


My Thoughts:

Now, it is no secret how much I absolutely LOVED Leo. That being said, most of this book is the same exact story, but with the added bonus of it being Leo/Jake's POV. I actually may have skimmed a few of the conversations that were repeats from the first book.. I do not say that proudly. (Do not stop reading my review here, keep going..)

HOWEVER, instead of hopping back and forth between the Foster Home Days, and the Present Day, Leo's Chance takes you back and forth between the Hospital/Therapy Days with Dr. Fox, and Present Day. It is fascinating to read about the therapy sessions Leo went through. It gives us so much more insight into what his thought process was when he decided he was "Jake" when he stalked/ran into Evie again. 

The epilogue.. is FANTASTIC. In Leo, we got the "7 years later". But in Leo's Chance, we get the "2 months after", and the "9 years later". My god.. it's beautiful. What happens is so amazingly fitting and perfect for them. If you are someone who isn't interested in Leo/Jake's POV, but still LOVED Leo as much as I did, then I would suggest buying Leo's Chance even if the only thing you do is read the epilogue. It completes their story, completely.

The ONLY reason I am giving the book itself 4 stars is because it was a bit too much of replaying what we already read for me, the story itself is still a 6 star story. I would still 100% recommend Leo's Chance.

0




0 comments:

Post a Comment