Monday, June 17, 2013

Leo by Mia Sheridan Review

I actually read Leo a while back, but I re-read it in order to prep for the release of Leo's Chance (due out June 18, 2013). I also re-read it to comply with my "I'm starting this blog from the books I am currently reading and not back-tracking!!!" vow I made in my first post. Leo is a book that has stuck with me and consumed me since I read it. I mean seriously though, who doesn't love an excuse to re-read a favorite? So here you go, and I hope I can do Leo justice.




From GoodReads:

"Evie and Leo met in foster care as children and formed a bond of friendship. As they grew, their bond turned to love, and they vowed to make a life together when they turned 18 and were no longer a part of the system.



When Leo unexpectedly gets adopted as a teen and he moves to another city, he promises Evie that he will contact her as soon as he gets there and come back for her in a few short years. She never hears from him again.


Now eight years later, in spite of the odds, Evie has made a life for herself. She has a job. She has friends. She's content. Then a man shows up out of the blue, claiming that her long lost love, Leo, sent him to check up on her. The attraction between them is undeniable. But, should she trust this sexy stranger? Or is he keeping a secret about what his connection to Leo is really all about and why Leo disappeared all those years ago?

New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18."


My Thoughts:

This book consumed me. When I say it consumed me I mean that I seriously could not put it down for a second, lost a nights sleep, cried, smiled, giggled, and gasped. It. Was. AMAZING. From the first chapter I was done for. This is a book that I will not soon forget.

Leo starts off with a flashback of Evie and Leo at 14 and 15 years old, still in their foster home. Their connection from the start is beautiful. Leo has unexpectedly been adopted, and has to leave Evie behind.

"I don't think I'm going to survive without you, Evie." he says, sounding like he's holding back tears.

Evie does what she can to try to lighten the mood of the last night they will have together. They still vow to find each other once they turn 18, no matter what the distance. 
It is heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking, that these two are being separated. Seriously, my heart broke, I cried during the FIRST chapter of a book. That is rare for me. 

"It will only ever be you, Evie." It's the last thing he ever says to me. I never see Leo again.

Fast forward to 8 years later.

"Someone is following me. He's been doing it for a week and a half now. He's crap at it."

Jake Madsen. Ohhh, Jake Madsen. Evie realized she is being followed, and when put face to face with Jake, he explains that Leo had asked him to check up on her. The heat radiating off of these two is unbelievable from the start. They continue to see more and more of each other.. and so the story goes from here. It continues between flashbacks of Evie and Leo from the foster home, and present day with her and Jake's story. But is Jake keeping details from Evie? Jake continues to answer what questions Evie has about Leo, but something still irks her..

I refuse to give away any more than that, other than telling you it is SO SO worth the read. I am all for books with major twist and turns (as I'm sure you are starting to figure out..) and this one has the MOTHER of all twists!



I'll leave you with one quote, one that still gives me chills.

"Why are you looking at me?" I ask, using a line I know he'll understand.
"Because I like your face." he says, grinning. 

Geez, I couldn't even write that without getting chills. Read the book!!!! You'll understand..

____________________________________________________

Leo's Chance, Book 2, is officially live on Amazon.com!

Here are the book links:

Click here for LEO

Click here for LEO'S CHANCE

0




0 comments:

Post a Comment