Saturday, June 22, 2013

Damaged by H. M. Ward Review




From GoodReads:

"Life sucks. And, as soon as Sidney picks up the pieces something always knocks her back onto her butt. It's never pretty, but this time is different. This time pretty isn't even the right word.


Peter is the personification of perfection. It's like he fell off his angel perch in purgatory, because let's face it--any guy that hot has got to be naughty. He was probably sent here to ruin her life.



Peter is beyond beautiful with his sexy blue eyes, dark hair, and toned body. Add in his charming wit and Peter is everything Sidney ever wanted in a man, but when things get hot and heavy Peter shows her the door. Sidney takes the walk of shame and leaves. It's the end of the worst blind date ever. Her life couldn't possibly reach higher levels of suckage, but it does.



The next morning everything comes crashing down. The insanely hot guy from last night, the one that saw her half naked, is teaching at the front of the class room."



My Thoughts:

I know what you're all thinking.. "another girl and her teacher book".. but NO, stop that thought right now. This is an awesome girl and her teacher book. It's a college setting, and the girl happens to end up being his particular teachers TA. 

Sidney's best friend Millie has set her up on a blind date, yet again, so immediately Sidney is expecting the worst. When she gets to the restaurant she does not see Millie yet, but does see a man sitting by himself, who she assumes is her blind date, so she goes and takes a seat. They get to talking, and she is actually having a great time with this beautiful man, when she realizes that Millie is at another table, and that this man she has been sitting with, is NOT her blind date. 

"You're not my date, are you?" He shakes his head, still smiling at me.

This book immediately had me laughing. It starts off with the perfect amount of awkward moments and it works, oh it works. So when her ACTUAL blind date it a dud, she ends up leaving, and running into her "not blind date", in the parking lot. It takes off from there, and they eventually end up heading back to his place. It starts getting hot between the two of them, and then he abruptly stops it. She leaves feeling horrible.. and consumed by wondering what happened. 

Breathing hard, he says, "I'm sorry, Sidney, I but I can't do this". Something inside me shatters when he says it. 

The following morning when she shows up at the college for her TA position, she is floored that the teacher she will be working with just happens to be the not-her-actual-date man from the night before, Peter Granz.

"Don't make me climb across this desk and slap you, because I will. Don't talk to me like I'm a child and tell me shit I already know. I asked a question. What are you going to do?"

The two of them vow to not let what happened have an effect on their jobs, pretend it didn't happen, and not let it get awkward. Over time warm back up to each other, and form a close close friendship. They are both battling their own inner demons, and eventually they need to face what has happened in their pasts, what has happened between them, and where it is really going..

"I'll do anything for you, be anything you need. I just don't want to let you go."

At the time that I read this book, I was on my third teacher/student uh-oh book, and I was really starting to assume they were all going to be the same (aside from Slammed, because Slammed is in a category of its own <3<3). This one takes it to another level, and I was pleasantly surprised at the turns and drama that this one had. It was awesome! The end is not a cliff-hanger per say, more of a "omg I NEED to see what happens next!" It is left off at a point where a book 2 is needed, but not what I would call a cliff-hanger.

I did read this book previous to starting this blog, and decided to write this review because Damaged 2 is right around the corner. I highly suggest reading this series! I can NOT wait for Damaged 2! It will be released June 24.

You can pre-order Damaged 2 now!



0




0 comments:

Post a Comment